How do I filter only unique values in Excel?
In Excel, there are several ways to filter for unique values—or remove duplicate values:
- To filter for unique values, click Data > Sort & Filter > Advanced.
- To remove duplicate values, click Data > Data Tools > Remove Duplicates.
How do I filter unique values in SQL?
The SQL SELECT DISTINCT Statement The SELECT DISTINCT statement is used to return only distinct (different) values. Inside a table, a column often contains many duplicate values; and sometimes you only want to list the different (distinct) values.
How do I get a list of unique values from a column in Excel?
To extract unique values with condition, use the Excel UNIQUE and FILTER functions together:
- The FILTER function limits the data only to values that meet the condition.
- The UNIQUE function removes duplicates from the filtered list.
How do I filter without duplicates in Excel?
Select the range of cells, or make sure that the active cell is in a table. On the Data tab, under Tools, click Remove Duplicates. Select one or more of the check boxes, which refer to columns in the table, and then click Remove Duplicates.
How do you create a list of unique values from a column of data?
The detailed steps follow below.
- Select the column of data from which you want to extract distinct values.
- Switch to the Data tab > Sort & Filter group, and click the Advanced button:
- In the Advanced Filter dialog box, select the following options:
- Finally, click the OK button and check the result:
How do I extract unique values from multiple criteria in Excel?
Unique values with multiple criteria
- Generic formula.
- To extract a list of unique values from a set of data, while applying one or more logical criteria, you can use the UNIQUE function together with the FILTER function.
- This example uses the UNIQUE function together with the FILTER function.
How do I make a list in Excel without duplicates?
Method #3: Advanced Filter
- Click the Advanced Filter button on the Data tab of the Ribbon.
- Select the “Copy to another location” radio button.
- Select the “List range”. The range/column that contains the duplicate values.
- Select the “Copy to” range.
- Click the “Unique records only” checkbox.
- Click the OK button.
How do I display a column without duplicates in SQL?
SELECT DISTINCT returns only unique values (without duplicates). DISTINCT operates on a single column. DISTINCT can be used with aggregates: COUNT, AVG, MAX, etc.
How do I create a unique list of Data in Excel?
7 Ways To Generate Unique Values List In Excel
- Use The UNIQUE Function.
- Use An Array Formula.
- Apply A Filter.
- Pivot Table.
- Remove Duplicates.
- Highlight Duplicates With Conditional Formatting.
- Use A Counting Formula.
How do I create a custom filter in Excel?
With filter option under the Home tab
How do you find unique values in Excel?
Count Unique Values in Excel Using COUNTIF. Unique values in any column are those that have only one occurrence, and that can be counted with the help of the countif function along with the SumIf function or Sum and If function. With the help of the Countif function first, we will get the cell with unique values, and then with the help of the
What is the formula to find unique values in Excel?
– array – Range or array from which to extract unique values. – by_col – [optional] How to compare and extract. By row = FALSE (default); by column = TRUE. – exactly_once – [optional] TRUE = values that occur once, FALSE= all unique values (default).
How to extract unique values from list in Excel?
– Go to Data tab in the menu – In Sort and Filter box, Click Advanced button – Choose “Copy to another location” – In “List range :” box, select a range from which unique values need to be extracted (including header) – In “Copy to :” box, select a range in which final output to be put – Check Unique records only – Click Ok