Are government agencies italicized in APA?
So the answer to your question is no.
How do you cite a government agency website in APA?
Generally, it is not necessary to cite a website in a reference entry in APA style. According to the APA guidelines, one can simply add the URL of the website as an in-text citation, e.g.: The website USA gov (https://www.usa.gov/) claims to be an online guide to government information and services.
How do you cite a government agency?
Cite the government agency that issued it as author listing the name of the government followed by the name of the agency (you may abbreviate this if it is identifiable by context), followed by the title of the publication. Then list publication information as usual.
Can you use organization as author in APA?
Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). When the same organization is listed as the author and the publisher, omit the publisher name.
How do you cite a agency?
- Author or Name of Group (If the group name has many layers, use the most specific agency as the author).
- Title of Report or Title of Report (Report No.
- If it’s not a report, but something fuzzier, like a press release, policy brief, etc.
- Publisher name (unless the publisher IS the group author)
How do you cite an organization as an author?
Organization as an Author If the author is an organization or a government agency, mention the organization in the signal phrase or in the parenthetical citation the first time you cite the source, just as you would an individual person.
How do you cite a government website in APA 7th edition?
Government Document From a Website
- Example: United States Department of Children and Youth Services. ( 2010, April 27).
- In-Text Paraphrase: (Name of Government Department, Agency or Committee, Year)
- In-Text Quote: (Name of Government Department, Agency or Committee, Year, Section Name section, para.
How do you reference an organization in APA format?
In-Text Group or Organization as Author [6.13]
- Write out the full name of the organization or group, the date of publication, page and/or paragraph numbers.
- Afterwards abbreviate the organization or group.
- When using a narrative, write out the organization or group name then abbreviate later.
How do you cite an organization in APA 7th edition?
Note: List each author’s last name and initials as Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. If there is no author, spell out the name of the organization that published the report. (Year, Month Date). Note: Provide as specific a date as is available.
How do you cite a government act in APA?
The basics of a reference list entry for an Act:
- Short Title of Act (in italics).
- Year (in italics).
- Jurisdiction abbreviation (in round brackets).
- Section number and subdivision if applicable.
- Country abbreviation (in round brackets).
- The first line of each citation is left adjusted.
How do you reference government documents?
References: Government Name, Name of Government Agency Year, Title (Report No. xxx [if available]), Publisher, Place of Publication. Government Name, Name of Government Agency Year, Title (Report No.
How do I cite an organization in APA 7?
How do you cite the United States Code?
There are generally four elements in a citation to a statute in the United States Code:
- The title number.
- The abbreviation of the code used (here, U.S.C.)
- The section symbol (§) followed by a space and the section number containing the statute.
- The year of the code. (optional if citing to the current code – Bluebook R.
Who is the author for an APA style government report reference?
Most of the time the government department or agency is used as the author for an APA Style government report reference.
How do you List A government agency as a group author?
If no person is named, use the government agency, department, or branch as a group author. Give the name of the group author exactly as it appears on the title page. If the branch or agency is not well known, include its higher department first.
What is the APA citation for government documents?
APA Citation Style does not have a separate category for government publications. According to APA, government documents can be considered Books, Technical/Research Reports or Brochures. Helpful Tips: Treat a government document as a book, report, or brochure.
Who is the author of a Government document?
Government Documents often have a group/corporate author listed instead of a specific person’s name. The author may be the name of a department, commitee or agency. When the government department, agency or committee that created the document is also the publisher, omit the publisher name to avoid repetition.