What is the video the joy of stats about?
Professor Hans Rosling presents a documentary about statistics, exploring their history, how they work mathematically and how they can be used to see the world as it really is.
What did Hans Rosling create?
In 2005 Rosling cofounded Gapminder, a foundation that seeks to place facts and statistics in the service of sustainable global development. The organization’s first project was the development of Trendalyzer software to convert statistics over time into animated graphics that made them easy to grasp.
What is Hans Rosling famous for?
Rosling developed the breakthrough software behind his visualizations through his nonprofit Gapminder, founded with his son and daughter-in-law. The free software — which can be loaded with any data — was purchased by Google in March 2007. (Rosling met the Google founders at TED.)
How can I be less ignorant to the world?
- 5 Science-Backed Ways to Overcome Ignorance.
- Feed Your Mind with Digestible Information.
- Ask Yourself Honest, Yet Sometimes Uncomfortable Questions.
- Become Super-Forecasters by Collaborating With Others.
- Constantly Look for Alternative Opinions.
- Curb the Impulse to Assign Judgments to Events.
What software does Hans Rosling use?
Hans Rosling and Al Gore
Al Gore uses a presentation software (Keynote) and his presentations were designed by Duarte.
How do I use gapminder in Python?
- import pandas as pd pd. plotting.
- gapminder_filepath = “../input/gapminder – gapminder.csv” gapminder_data = pd. read_csv(gapminder_filepath, index_col=’country’) gapminder_data.
- plt. plot(gapminder_data.
- plt. scatter(gapminder_data.
- plt. hist(gapminder_data.
- #with more bins for clear visibility plt.
Who is the best statistician in the world?
All about the well-known statisticians of the world
- Sir David Cox. Sir David Cox is a British statistician who is known for his proportional hazards model.
- C R Rao. C R Rao is the most famous Indian statistician till today.
- Andrew Gelman.
- Xiao-li Meng.
- Bradley Efron.
What is a word for an ignorant person?
imbecile. (or imbecilic), moronic, stupid, witless.
How do I accept ignorance?
Dealing With Ignorance and Rude Comments
- Take a Breath and Remain Calm.
- Ignore the Comments Entirely.
- Allow Humor To Diffuse The Situation.
- Respond With Short Answers.
- Use This Moment To Inform or Teach.
What is gapminder tool?
Gapminder increases knowledge of global facts by creating free, fun and easy-to-use courses and teaching tools for young people, educators and the public.
How do you use gapminder?
How to use Gapminder Desktop – YouTube
What is gapminder R?
gapminder is very useful for teaching novices data wrangling and visualization in R. Description: 1704 observations; fills a size niche between iris (150 rows) and the likes of diamonds (54K rows)
Who is the father of maths?
The Father of Math is the great Greek mathematician and philosopher Archimedes. Perhaps you have heard the name before–the Archimedes’ Principle is widely studied in Physics and is named after the great philosopher.
Who is the father of statistics?
Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis is also known as the father of Indian Statistics.
What do you call someone who thinks they know everything?
One who is omniscient literally knows all.
What do you call a person who refuses to learn?
Ignorant, illiterate, unlettered, uneducated mean lacking in knowledge or in training.
What is ignorance in love?
When we can’t decide whether we want to be seen or not, the way that we express ourselves becomes unclear. As a consequence, our partner misunderstands us. This creates more frustration, we feel our partner just doesn’t care about us and we end up experiencing ignorance in a relationship.
How do you treat an ignorant boyfriend?
Best Ways To Deal With Ignorance In A Relationship
- 1.1 1. Acknowledge Your Attitude.
- 1.2 2. Humble Yourself.
- 1.3 3. Start Volunteering.
- 1.4 4. Remind Yourself That You Will Need Other People.
- 1.5 5. Think Before You Speak.
- 1.6 6. Understand Your Partner’s Point Of View.
- 1.7 7. Feel What Your Partner Is Feeling.
- 1.8 8.
Who owns Gapminder?
This software was acquired by Google in March 2006. The team of developers for Gapminder joined Google in April 2007.
How do I use Gapminder with my own data?
The easiest way to convert your data into a Gapminder-like bubble graph is to use Motion Chart from Google. Motion Chart is a free ‘gadget’ for Google Spreadsheet (an online spreadsheet similar to Excel). You simply require a free Google Account to use this functionality.
Why is gapminder a reliable source?
Gapminder identifies systematic misconceptions about important global trends and proportions and uses reliable data to develop easy to understand teaching materials to rid people of their misconceptions. Gapminder is an independent Swedish foundation with no political, religious, or economic affiliations.
What is gapminder chart?
The Gapminder World Map was produced by Gapminder in August 2012, with the latest available data (2011). The chart compares all UN members and other countries and territories with more than 1 million people, by income and health.
Who found zero?
“Zero and its operation are first defined by [Hindu astronomer and mathematician] Brahmagupta in 628,” said Gobets. He developed a symbol for zero: a dot underneath numbers.
Who discovered pi?
Archimedes of Syracuse
The first calculation of π was done by Archimedes of Syracuse (287–212 BC), one of the greatest mathematicians of the ancient world.
Who is the father of probability?
While contemplating a gambling problem posed by Chevalier de Mere in 1654, Blaise Pascal and Pierre de Fermat laid the fundamental groundwork of probability theory, and are thereby accredited the fathers of probability.