What is the lowest mintage Barber dime?
The 1895-O Barber Dime has the lowest mintage at 440,000, and the 1907 has the highest mintage at 22,220,000.
What is the lowest mintage Mercury dime?
The lowest mintage issue and famous key date is the 1916-D Mercury Dime. There were a scant 264,000 pieces minted and most were well circulated before being saved by collectors. The average mintage across all issues is 34,760,050.
What is the rarest Barber dime?
The 1894-S Barber dime is a dime produced in the United States Barber coinage. It is one of the rarest and most highly prized United States coins for collectors, along with the 1804 dollar and the 1913 Liberty Head nickel. One was sold in 2005 for $1.3 million, and another for $1.9 million in 2007.
How much is a 90% silver dime worth?
Silver Dime Melt Value? The 90% silver dimes stuck in the USA have a melt value of currently around $1.30 – $1.50 (USD), depending on the spot price of silver at the time of course (current silver spot price: $17.62 oz).
What are the key dates for dimes?
The Definitive Guide to Key Date, Low Mintage and Rare U.S….
- Draped Bust Dime (1796-1807)
- Capped Bust Dime (1809 – 1837)
- Seated Liberty Dime (1837-1891)
- Barber Dime (1892-1916)
- Mercury Dime (1916-1945)
- Roosevelt Dime (1946-1964)
What is a rare date dime?
Roosevelt Dime Key Dates
1949-S is the second-lowest-mintage regular issue coin (with 13.5 million made) after the 1955 (12.5 million), but in Mint State it is the rarest issue apart from special anniversary coins and errors and varieties. In MS67 it is worth $80 but in the top grade of MS68 it jumps to $2,150.
What year dime is worth a million dollars?
A specific dime minted in 1894, known as the 1894-S Barber Dime, is actually worth millions.
What is the rarest quarter?
Bottom Line: 1828 B-3 25/5/50 Error Reverse Capped Bust Quarter. Quarters produced in 1828 had four possible die combinations. This coin exhibits the rarest of those four. The obverse is that of the 1828 B-1 and B-2 marriages while the reverse had last been used for the 1822 B-2 variety.
What year dimes are worth keeping?
#1 — 1964 Copper-Nickel Clad Roosevelt Dime
The 1964 clad Roosevelt dime is a rare coin with only a handful of specimens, and these are worth four figures or more.
What dimes are worth saving?
Most Valuable Dimes: Comprehensive List for Collectors
- 1796 and 1797 Draped Bust Dimes. 1796 Draped Bust dime.
- Carson City Liberty Seated Dimes from the 1870s. 1872-CC Liberty Seated dime.
- 1894-S Barber Dime.
- 1916-D Mercury Dime.
- 1942/1 and 1942/1-D Overdate Mercury Dimes.
- 1982 No-Mintmark Roosevelt Dime.
What makes a 1965 dime rare?
The 1965 Silver Dime
It was already mentioned that the production of the silver dimes was halted in 1964, so a silver 1965 dime is very rare. It is also an error coin. So if you find one you should hold on to it and analyze how you can get the most out of the coin in terms of its selling value.
What’s the most rarest dime?
Bottom Line: 1975 No S Roosevelt Dime Proof
Only two of these dimes are known to exist, making it one of the rarest U.S. dimes. Minted in San Francisco, this coin is missing the mint mark (designated by an “S” on the face of the coin) present on other proof coins.
What dimes should I keep?
Here’s a rundown of the 4 valuable Roosevelt dimes you should keep your eyes out for in pocket change and rolls:
- #1 — 1964 Copper-Nickel Clad Roosevelt Dime.
- #2 — 1965 Silver Roosevelt Dime.
- #3 — 1982 No-P Roosevelt Dime.
- #4 — 1996-W Roosevelt Dime.
What dimes should be kept?
What is the rarest dime?
The 1975 No-S proof Roosevelt dime is one of the most valuable of all modern coins. Just two known specimens exist. The most recent sale realized $456,000—nearly a half-million dollars. It’s not hard to see why this coin is worth so much.
Why is 1965 quarter so rare?
Link copied to clipboard. The 1965 Washington quarter was the first US quarter not made of 90% pure silver. This transition from silver “hard money” to copper coinage resulted in the rare and valuable 1965 silver quarter.
What quarter is $500?
(There is no published mintage for an error coin.) They at one point were considered rare state quarters and, upon their discovery, were selling for as much as $250 to $500. Over the years, the 1999 Spitting Horse Delaware quarter has proven more common than initially thought.
What are the 15 most valuable dimes?
The Top 15 Most Valuable Dimes
- 01 of 16. #15 – 1797 Draped Bust Dime – 16 Stars.
- 02 of 16. #14 – 1798 Draped Bust Dime – Small 8.
- 03 of 16. #13 – 1871-CC Liberty Seated Dime.
- 04 of 16. #12 – 1873-CC Liberty Seated Dime – Arrows at Date.
- 05 of 16. #11 – 1841 Proof Liberty Seated Dime – No Drapery.
- 06 of 16.
- 07 of 16.
- 08 of 16.
What dime is worth a million dollars?
Did you know that there are some dimes still out there that could be worth up to $1.9 million? A specific dime minted in 1894, known as the 1894-S Barber Dime, is actually worth millions. The story behind the Barber Dime is fascinating.
What dime is worth $1000000?
What are the top 10 rarest dimes?
10 of the Rarest Dimes in Existence
- 1874 CC Liberty Seated Dime with Arrows.
- 1798 Small 8 Draped Bust Dime.
- 1916 D Full Band Mercury Dime.
- 1894 S Barber Dime.
- 1871 CC Seated Liberty Dime Mint Condition.
- 1872 CC Liberty Seated Dime Mint Condition.
- 1975 No S Roosevelt Dime Proof.
- 1873 CC No Arrows Seated Liberty Dime.
What quarters should I save?
Here’s a list of modern quarters worth money:
- 1932–1964 Washington Quarters. 1940-S Washington quarter.
- 1932-D Washington Quarters. 1932-D Washington quarter.
- 1932-S Washington Quarters. 1932-S Washington quarter.
- 1982 and 1983 Washington Quarters.
- 2004-D Wisconsin Extra Leaf Quarters.
- 2005 Minnesota Doubled Die Quarters.
What year coins are worth keeping?
Those dated after 1964 have no premium value, and so far, none of the 50-state quarters series is worthy of saving. All half dollars dated 1964 and earlier are worth their silver value. In the Franklin half dollar series, the 1949-S, 1955 and 1956 coins are worth more than silver value.
What is the rarest State quarter to find?
Below we reveal some of the most valuable state quarters, most of which are in circulation.
- 2008 Alaska state quarter – $81. The coin features a ragged clip error.
- 2004 Wisconsin state quarter – $95.
- 2000 New Hampshire state quarter – $216.
- 1999 Delware state quarter – $788.